We conduct several types of environmental education projects:
- School Outreach – Biologist Sandra Hernández and her team of university interns present our professionally designed curriculum to schools throughout the municipio of Bahía de Banderas.
- Sea Turtle Liberations – 32 trained volunteers and Preserve staff members provide information about the Sea Turtles and their place in the ecosystems of the Bay of Banderas and its beaches to the 20,000 visitors(seasonal and permanent, children and adults) who attend hatchling liberations at the Nuevo Vallarta Sea Turtle Preserve each night.
- Events and Local Presentations – Our volunteers give presentations to local organizations and provide educational materials and information at Bahía del Sol´s annual Arts for the Turtles events
- Sea Turtle Seminars – Professor Manuel Carlos and his wife Ann offer informational seminars to community members who want to learn more about the turtles and participate in AMA México´s educational activities.
- Harkness Institute/AMA Mexico Sea Turtle Camp – the Insitute´s staff and our volunteers present a week long residential camp for local high school students.